Volunteer Hints & Guidelines
- Delivery Time:
- In an effort to create uniform delivery times from Sunday to
Sunday, we have agreed that Soul Food goes out the door of our churches at
3:45 p.m. with delivery to homes no earlier than 4:00
- Delivery Routes:
- We will once again have five delivery routes. The Driver
Sheets group delivery addresses as much as possible into evenly distributed
sections of town. Churches, feel free to have your drivers organize the
addresses on their routes differently for better efficiency if you see a way to
improve the routes.
- After Your Deliveries are Made:
- We would very much appreciate clear written feedback from the
drivers regarding families who aren't home to receive the meals as well as any
misinformation that we may have on our lists (wrong address, incorrect number
of dinners needed, nobody home, vacant house, etc).
- It is extremely helpful to receive your church driver's
feedback no later than Monday evening after your Soul Food delivery.
- As in the past, please provide driver feedback to Susan
Finlayson (fax/phone number listed on the Soul Food Flier) no later than Monday
evening after your Soul Food delivery. This will give Dee a chance to
connect with folks who may have missed a meal. Updated Driver Sheets will
be sent out by Wednesday each week. Folks who have moved, are
hospitalized, or are new additions to Soul Food will be reflected on the
- A Reminder about Soup:
- Not all our drivers have a nice flat space in their vehicles to
transport the meals. Thus, we have had issues with the bowls/lids/cups
and spillage when it comes to soups. With this in mind, cooks may want to
steer away from soup as part of the meal.
- Weather related Cancellations:
- If bad weather makes traveling hazardous on a Sunday evening,
the church that is cooking on that particular day has the authority to cancel
delivery. If it's your Sunday and you elect to cancel, please notify
Susan Finlayson and KMZU (660-542-0404) immediately.
- Dee has conveyed to her clients up front that delivery will be
made weather permitting. We have also included this information on
the Soul Food flier that was posted at HELP Services and in each church