Memorial Methodist Church - 1916

Back in 1916 when this picture was taken, the congregation was known at the Memorial Methodist Church and was part of the Methodist Episcopal South branch of the denomination.  The corner stone of this building dates the building to 1899.  This particular photo appeared on a special edition of the weekly bulletin celebrating the February 6, 1916 "Home Coming Day."